The Battlefield III The Battlefield III

What an amazing piece of work

Keep up the work .. update .. improve .. keep going your on to something thats worth it don't stop

Renga Samurai Renga Samurai

Wait ... One of my songs made it into someone's project! And it's an amazing game as well.
This has filled me with a joy I was missing. Thank you!

As for the game, everything fits so well togethor. The puzzles are tricky at points and it has a wonderful difficulty curve. The art and the menu are designed to a crisp polish, even the programming is smooth. The effort that went into this shows.

josh-tamugaia responds:

You are welcome, and thank you too!

A Brighter Tomorrow A Brighter Tomorrow

There is some pretty nice themes in there. At 1:04, the break. It's well thought out. Music is also about the spaces between sound, it's good to see someone who understands that.

Overall it has a nice use of electronic timbres.

The melodic transitions work well and the chords are bright and cheerful with enough dissonance to keep me interested. Very progressive which is strange in a 'poppy dance' genre (In a good way, I like it). Don't be afraid to return some themes. Re-use a theme or two here and there but switch which instrument plays it or have a different instrument play in the foreground with a counter melody ^_^

Looking forward to seeing your growth!

Syrez responds:

Lol I might have to provide you with royalties if I ever become discovered simply due to all the input you've given me. xD I won't type out an essay this time though, thanks very much again.

Until The Day We Die,redo Until The Day We Die,redo

Hey!! I found your song on youtube! Thanks for the mention btw!
Man ... WOW such an improvement. I can hear the clarity of the notes and timbres. It's also all leveled right. Mastering compressors pretty quickly. If you want some more tips;
The bass I can hear was the fruity loops bass. Its very vanilla as it stands. Look at getting a few effects VST plugins. (All the effects and plugins etc are usually 'VST').
So search some good free 'VST' websites and download what you can. There is two types, VSTi is the instruments, (bass, Guitars, Pianos etc) and the 'VST' is usually effects (put them into the mixer tracks).
So for a string instrument like the Bass, get a 'Cabinet, Heads, EQ, Distortions etc.' That will give you a lot more play room with the final sound making it sound richer and realistic.
Also try experimenting with compression. Use a light compression on the master but on the tracks use different types of compressors.
Keep me posted on your updates!!
- Sparky

Syrez responds:

Thanks for the advice mate, I'll definitely have a look into VST/VSTi plugins since I'd love to try my hand at a synth rock track some time.
As for my songs going up on YouTube I have a habit of being a bit lazy when it comes to actually putting them on there lol. It's so much easier and quicker to upload a new song to SoundCloud and Newgrounds than it is to render a whole new video to go on YouTube, so if you or anyone else would like to keep up to date with my music it'd be a better bet to follow my SounCloud and/or Newgrounds profiles.
Again, thanks for all your excellent feedback and advice Copy-23, it's all very much appreciated. =D

You There(wip)-quadx You There(wip)-quadx

I'll give you a 5 because the your skills are pretty good. There is a good deal of room between the different instrumentation and tonalities. It's overall quality is obviously an issue but we both know that you didn't record with that in mind, so your score doesn't reflect that. If you ever decide to properly record this song, let me know. I am enjoying this piece as is.

quadx responds:

i do plan to do a pro recording for the upcoming album but for a 20 min project i think it all worked together nicely.